Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Welcome to the My Year of New Things Book Club

Our book club is going to be so much fun. Anyone is welcome to participate. You can feel free to start reading Sophie's Choice any time. I'm not going to start reading it until next week, but if you've got it sitting on your bedstand and don't want to wait until next week, have at it.

I was trying to figure out how we should do this online book club thing, exactly, and I decided that we should start this new blog. That way, people can read the book at their own pace and as soon as you've finished a chapter, all you have to do is come to this blog and share your thoughts. Whatever you want to say, everything's game, as long as it's (a) about the book and it (b) doesn't give any spoilers (i.e. if you're commenting on "chapter 5, don't talk about the end of the book") (this is the "some-people-don't-know-what-sophie's-choice-actually-is-and-let's-not-give-anything-away" rule).

I'm so excited, welcome to the club.

(Feel free to post whatever comments you want in this post.)

(Oh, and don't read comments written about chapters you haven't read yet. Don't spoil anything for yourself!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

I was going to leave this comment in the "Chapter 2" comments section, but then I thought that would be cheating since I haven't read Chapter 2 yet, but I just reread what I wrote in the post for Chapter 2 and laughed out loud. Go read that post, now.

Um, "time restraints"??? How about "time constraints." Though I really like the image of time being tied up with restraints.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Michal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Michal said...

YAY! I so cant wait!

Damn Amazon! Where's my book?!!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Erik said...

Michal, I'm so excited you're onboard. I actually still have to get my copy of the book too. I own one, but all of my (or most of my) books are in storage right now.

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my copy from the library today. I'm on page 5 as I type. I've had to look up these words so far: alacrity, emolument.

Okay, how annoyed am I that I had to go through a whole sign-up-for-a-blogger-identity rigamarole...

3:55 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

I still haven't started the book yet! Arg! I need to get started so I'm not too behind.

pjs--there wasn't THAT much rigamorole, was there?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Erik said...

I am such a loser. I still haven't started reading the book yet.

!!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger christy said...

I haven't BOUGHT the book yet...maybe that's what I should do instead of waiting around for two major reviews to come out...(what am I anyway, some kind of neurotic writer?)

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home